Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 avalanche new battery--replaced big fuse on firewall…

Customer Question
2007 avalanche new battery--replaced...

2007 avalanche new battery--replaced big fuse on firewall starts perfectly 3 tomes sitting still--drive home maybe 20 minutes pull in drive cut start all electrical dead not a jeep chevrolet avalanche

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Battery put in by Deko one week--charge is great--had alternator checked--also good appears to me (nonMechanic) to be loose wire--or starter going bad--but very strange all was perfect after replacing big fuse block until I drove home

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Avalanche?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

No mechanic but I am now dead in my driveway again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ori9ginally used a jumper from battery neg to big fuse and started

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

You used a jumper from battery neg to the big fuse, and it STARTED? That should blow the fuse, the fuse is attached to the positive cable.

Is the fuse open again right now, is that why it won't start again?

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.