Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Chevy impala 3.4 L engine I have replaced the…

I have a 2003 Chevy...
I have a 2003 Chevy impala 3.4 L engine I have replaced the fuses, resistor and blower motor. I have tested the wires I get about 2volts I have no idea what to check next. I can feel the temp change between hot and cold, the blower just won’t work.
3/16/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, can you do the following voltage test at the resistor connection with it unplugged,

With fan on speed 1 what's voltage on the yellow wire

Speed 2 voltage on tan wire

Speed 3 voltage on light blue wire

Speed 4 voltage on purple wire

I'm going to post the wiring diagram below for future use if we need it

All wires get about 1-2 volts

Thanks, ***** ***** step would be to pull the control head and check voltage on the brown wire from the AC fan fuse. If it's 12 volts at the control unit then the control head is bad. If not then there's a poor connection in the fuse box or at the fuse box connector for that brown wire. Below is info on removing the control unit so you can check the brown wire

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician