Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Colorado with the 4 cylinder, when it's cold…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Colorado with the 4 cylinder, when it's cold outside it will start but only for a few seconds and reads reduced power on the DIC after it warms up outside it runs fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes everything things else works lights radio, ect

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have cleaned the throttle body and the MAF sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If I can manage to get it started on those cold mornings it will stall while driving 2200rpms and 65 mph this morning and went dead also read reduced power after pulling over it starts right back up and away I go

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/15/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

can you tell me the code it is setting in the computer ?

An evap code and crank shaft positioning sensor

there is no throttle body or gas pedal code being set at all ?

when these go into reduced power it is from the electric throttle portion of the truck

No code for throttle position

then at this point go after the crank sensor code

can you tell me the code number set ?

P0017
P0455
P0449
P0601

if you clear them they all reset ?

the engines oil is full ?

the 17 and the 601 are the big ones that can cause this type of issue

If I clear them they just come back, yes oil is full, what is the 601 code for

the 601 is an internal PCM failure

change the oil and have the PCM replaced next and re programmed

if you have any questions please ask

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask