Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It will not start with my husbands key but it will with my…

Customer Question
It will not start...

It will not start with my husbands key but it will with my key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is fine. I just started the van wiyh my key but u try to use my husbands key and nothing and the rpm meter at yhe bottom saying. Starting disabled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 Uplander mini van 6 cyc

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Triend the 30min instructions for the van to reset the code so it will match

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ive told all of this to u twice already

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/15/2018
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, this means the transponder in the head of your husbands key has become faulty. You will need to purchase a new key and program it to the vehicle. I'll post more below on how the theft deterrent system operates.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!