Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

OBD 2 port stopped working and 1 of 2 of my cig ports

Customer Question
stopped working, I changed the...
OBD 2 port stopped working and 1 of 2 of my cig ports stopped working, I changed the fuses for cig ltr and aux power on the under the hood fuse box, What could be the issue?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/15/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

When you replaced the CIG LGHTR fuse did this get power back to the orange wire at the data link connector?

how do i determine that?

You would do so the same way you determined there was no power there, to begin with. Using a test light or volt meter.

check each pin on the data link?

Just the orange wire, that is all.

I have power to obd after switching out the fuse but I still don't have any to the driver side cig port

Are you testing the lighter port the same way with a tool or a device plugged in?

I'm used a basic test light for the cig port on both sides then I used a charger that worked on the right side cig port but not the left test light also lit up only for the right side. I used a obd scanner to verify the obd port was working

Let see if the outlet is missing power or ground. The rivet in the base of the outlet is power and the sides are ground. Test the working one and the nonworking one with the test light and let me know if power is in fact missing.

When I did the test, I tested the base (center) only so I should test the sides for ground, and if it lights that means it has ground

So both outlets lite up the test light when the base was touched?

Only the right side lit up

Did you check the AUX PWR fuse under the hood?

Yep I swapped it out with a new one and same result

We need to get in behind the outlet to see if the wire to the outlet is disconnected.

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris