Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The car is stalling like it's flooded when you mash the gas…

The car is stalling...

The car is stalling like it's flooded when you mash the gas down the car cuts off could this be the compressions or the cylinder not functioning or is it problem with the fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Yes the check engine light is on cannot drive the car because the can't get it to move and when you press on the gas it cuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It's a 2009 Traverse Chevrolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not fixing it myself I am thinking about what might be the problem so I can seek some kind of resolution to get it running

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I wanted to know could it possibly be the spark plug or fuse that could be causing the compression problem with the car not wanting to move forward

3/15/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. I'm a technician at a Chevrolet Dealer. Give me a few minutes to review your question and i will be back with your answer or a few questions to further evaluate your issue

OK someone told my daughter that is her cylinders that's causing the car not to get enough gas to move forward I just want to know before she spent all that money if that could be the problem

I doubt that it is a compression problem that isn't very common on this vehicle. From your description it sounds more like a fuel issue. Did she get an estimate on the repair and was it from a Chevy dealership or an independent shop

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
From A Independent Dealer
Phone call session started

I have accepted the call request and will call in approx 15 minutes

I thought that the $19 will go up to $26 in order to talk to you I didn't know it was $19 + $26

I won't call then if you don't want that. We can continue here. Just for the record we don't suggest the the phone call service the site does

The way it presented it to me it's confusing he never answered my question in the beginning so I'm just as confused as I was before so that's the reason I switched the phone

We can continue without the call

They have already charged my card the $26 would it be refunded back to me if you don't call me the guys talking about charging her $2,000 if it is the cylinders I don't believe it is

I don't think it is that....i suggest taking it to a Chevy dealer for a second opinion....you asked about compression and i said i didn't think so sounds more like a fuel issue

I live in Compton California do you know where the nearest Chevy dealer is

I do not...I'm in Florida....I can look for you if you would like....Also....your phone number is ***** ....i can call you from my personal phone and you will not be charged the additional $19....I will do this on my own to try to help you

Ok

Give me a few minutes...it will be from 239 area code

Got it