Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Thinking and shaking between 60-70 mph. 2007 uplander. Not…

Thinking and shaking between...

Thinking and shaking between 60-70 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '60 Chevy?

2007 uplander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not myself, trying to figure out problem, will take it to someone to fix. Traction contro and stability lights on as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Traction control and stability system lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it. This is my aunt mobility van and we have to get it fixed but we are afraid that we will be taken advantage of and spend money that wont fix the problem.

3/14/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
If it’s shaking at highway speeds, then the solution is going to be in the tires or wheels. Don’t let someone try to sell you anything other than tire or wheel balancing. You may have a bad tire, and that’s fine. Whatever you’re dealing with, it’s turning at wheel speed, and it won’t be an axle or transmission or anything like that. It’s a tire or wheel balance or out of round condition.
Thank you. That was my thought. Had tires balanced but it was still there, better but there. I have about 10k left of tread and thought to replace tires and wheels (inexpensive wheels). I appreciate your timely response!Amanda

You're welcome!

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician