Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was driving and my cars engine revved up and wouldn’t go.

I was driving and...

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic aprox. 55,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2015 Chevy Cruze ltz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Haven’t tried anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Is this free of charge?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does it move in any gears at all like reverse or drive or 2nd or first gear positions or does it just free rev?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

I put it in park then back in drive and it worked

This can be due to a fault with the transmission valve body or possibly a shift or pressure control solenoid on the valve body itself.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen issues with the solenoids and valve body cause this fault needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help to identify the fault.Most shops or a dealer can diagnose and repair the fault for a fee.A local parts store can usually read out the fault codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose or repair the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician