Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Had rain water coming through the air vents and running down…

Customer Question
Had rain water coming...

Had rain water coming through the air vents and running down on blower fan motor causing it to not work,just had a motor swap done and it worked before I took it in for swap.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

It became an issue after a shop did a motor swap fan worked before now rain water runs through vents and fan motor does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Ninety eight Cheyenne not shure about miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Eight?

It Is nineteen ninety eight Chevy Cheyenne like I told you earlier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eight yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet like I told you earlier just had a shop do motor swap

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks,that's all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/14/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Before the blower stopped but after the engine swap did the modes change properly from floor to vent and defrost or was it stuck on defrost or any other positions that you know of?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

It blew cold a c and hot when heater was on before swap not shure about defrost but after swap it didn't work I saw rain water come out of vents while it was raining and the water was running down on to bloWer and probably shorted fan out mainly concerned about What's causing water and what mechanic could have done during swap to cause
Sorry phone about to die and truck is at shop getting alignment please just text me what you think like I said everything worked until the swap and now it leaks water and we got a lot of rain which caused blower fan issue

I apologize for the delay.

If the recirculation door is stuck open this will cause this issue.If they did not connect vacuum lines properly leading to the heater components on the interior of your vehicle this may be causing the recirculation door to stay open allowing rain water in.This needs to be re-checked to see if this is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete