Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My service 4wd message is on constant and when I try to

My service 4wd message...

My service 4wd message is on constant and when I try to switch to 4wd I hear the transfer case shift but the light on the switch continues to blink. The front differential does not seem to be engaging and I do not get current with a test light at the plug for the front axel actuator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

I have a basic code reader but can't read body or drive train codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 Chevy 1500 HD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to diagnose to repair myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have cleeaaned and checked the grounds below the drivers door.

3/14/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

this the test for light flashing,click on link to view

Please Let Me Know if you can view files and we go from there

Thank You
Chad Farhat

this our tranfer case actuator wiring circuit ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

What scan tool will read the ABS and enhanced codes for my 2006 Chevy Silverado? I would like to fix it myself but need appropriate scan tool.

this one on ebay will work ,get it and get me fault codes and post them back here for me ,read below how to get back in touch and we continue

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-GENERAL-MOTORS-Diagnostic-Scanner-Code-Reader-iCARSOFT-i900-ABS-SRS-SCAN-TOOL/171967949540?epid=1340536373&hash=item280a16aae4:g:MEUAAOSwDNdVw~mc

the 4wd module is most common, but testing be best so we not throwing parts at it ,especially no current on plug , so problem from plug backwards .

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Ordered the scanner, will get back to you after I scan it. Thanks

ok, this way i can pull up a pin point trouble shoot and based on that code we can narrow down .

sounds good

Got the scanner today and the code showing is C3079 Front differential engagement system.
.

HMM ,, double check that fault # for me and send me vin # ?

Chad Farhat
The correct codes are C0379 and B0790
VIN #1GCGK13U76F180659
The correct codes are C0379 and B0790
VIN #1GCGK13U76F180659

here is the Troubleshoot steps for DTC C0379 and B0790

click on link to view pdf file with instructions

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.