Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lights dim. Check airbag light comes on. Radio goes in and…

Customer Question
Lights dim. Check airbag...

Lights dim. Check airbag light comes on. Radio goes in and out when letting windows up and down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Yes.. I have to push down on the latch a little for it to stay down... seems sticky.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 impala

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took itto Firestone to see what's wrong they told me they can't detect a problem. Everything under engine wise was good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I crank it... it pause for a second with no noise that cranks..I just recently got a new ignition switch.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/14/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Sounds like you have a voltage drop in the either battery postive lead, or the battety ground lead, or body grounds.

A little shop might not find your issue.

A Chevy dealer tech will scan the whole car for codes.

Then do voltage checks throughout.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary