Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and died on the road…

Hello there I have...

Hello there I have a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and died on the road so I didn't have fuel pressure so I replaced fuel pump but still no fuel pressure so do you have any idea what it may be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

It has 192000 miles and was serviced last month

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I fixing my self and I have replaced the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have run the scanner and the only code that came up was small vacuum leak

3/13/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you checked the fuses under the hood yet for any blown ones? or ones without power at them?

Ok thank it will appreciated since I got 2 truck with same problem

I have but I don’t have a diagram of fuses on hand do you have any so I can figúrate

Yes I have access to GM service info. I can supply you with all the pdf files that you need but there is a small fee from the website for that. But I can tell you that you should be checking fuses labeled ECM-IGN and FSCM under the hood.

Ok good

Check those for power with a test light with key in ON position.

I don’t see any that says FSCM
The IGN and ECM are good

Is this engine a 6.0 gas?

6.0 gas engine
There is anything else that I can try
if there is anything else let me know, up to now I have check all fuses and seems that all work fine so

Yes. COmmonly the fuel pump control module will go bad. Sometimes rot right out. It is located above the spare tire on the frame of the truck. I would look at that and see if it is rotted.

Can you send a picture where that may be I saw a module whit about 5 different plugs but they go to the tail lights I don’t know if that’s the one I didn’t see anything else

Give me one second

Here it is.

I could find anything, above the spare tire, I know the newer model will have it there but on this one it’s not, do you know if there is in other place

That from the gm book for a 2007. . This is a gas engine correct? 6.0?

but is a Chevrolet 2007
2500

Yes that is what i meant. You may need to lower the spare tire down.

There in no spare on it so I can see everything but nothing like that

I will look into it a little more otherwise I will have to open this question back up.

From my expertise and the service manual information, if the truck has 1 fuel tank it has the fuel module there. If the truck has 2 fuel tanks there are fuel pump relays.

it won’t be any other place to look for the fuel pump driver?

I am not sure if this is the same location as the other diagram. But look here. Might depend on wheel base.

Ok I will look for it tomorrow then but I am not quite sure if this is right diagram
The only thing I found on the frame is a thin square module with about 5 different electric plugs but tail lights are connected to that module so I don’t think that’s the one I am looking for other than than there is nothing else

I agree. You can look for the fuel pump relay in the slot under the hood. Perhaps there is no pump module just the pump in the tank but I though only dual tanks had that set up. If I cant get the right info for your truck tomorrow I will opt out and let another expert see if he can help. Also please remember that even after rating this chat session with the stars above, you can still bookmark this page and come back when your ready and we'll continue.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

I am here again can you tell me what’s the next step I check a fuel pump relay and there voltage on 1 terminal 30 but on the other 3 aren’t any voltage and also no ground

Hey whats up? Let me get my service info.

Voltage should always be at 30. So that is ok. On pin 86 power should only be there for about 3 seconds when the key is turned on. Pin 85 should show a ground.

What about terminal 87

87 is the output to the fuel pump. If you put power on that terminal of the fuse box the fuel pump should run. As long as FUEL PUMP fuse #21 is good.

Ok thank you sir.
I was working today on the truck I found a bad wire that wasn’t feeding power to the pump so that was the problem.
Thank you for tried to help me I also found out that this truck does not have a fuel pump driver just the relay and the fuse

Ok your welcome. Glad it is fixed. Please take a quick second to rate my assistance with the stars above and have a great day. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician