Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Does a new rebuilt transmission for a 2011 Malibu 2.4 need…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Does a...

Second opinion] Does a new rebuilt transmission for a 2011 Malibu 2.4 need to be reprogrammed on my car for the transmission to work right in every gear?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Just got transmission put in car and filled with transmission fluid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

A friend did it for me it goes in drive, and reverse but won't move.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it goes in reverse but want move.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/13/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

like i said in the other post it must be programmed to to cars VIN number

if you have any questions please ask

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer

By not being programmed, would it cause you not to have reverse

yes it would