Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado where can I find the from the…

Customer Question
On a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado...
On a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado where can I find the bell from the dash it won't stop going off, nothing's wrong with my truck though I want to cut it off.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/13/2018
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, it's in a box below the steering column, the video HERE shows how to disable it.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

I took the whole box out and its still ringing.

That should be the only chime in the vehicle. It's possible someone has installed an aftermarket one previously. MY best advice in this case is to follow the sound to locate it or pull fuses individually and let me know what circuit it was on.