Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Coolant light came on while on interstate, car started

Coolant light came on...

Coolant light came on while on interstate, car started sputtering, dealer picked it up but found no code

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Car at dealer now, no codes according to them

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

They are driving car, but I am nervous because the timing chain was just replaced. 2007 cobalt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is at a dealer. I am nervous because this is 3rd time in shop in less than 2 weeks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

coolant came on while driving ?

did they pressure the coolant system to check for leaks ?

ect sensor checked ?

there will be no faults set if we have a leak ?

did the car over heat on gauge ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

For low coolant light is always on ,run this test,click on link to view

ect location

I would like dealer to fix it.
I am scared because I just picked it up 30 mins ago from dealer.

Did it over heat on the gauge .

u picked it up , but what dealer say , did they check anything , or just but scaner ,no codes and called u to come get it ?

I just wanted to know possibilities because this is the 3rd issue on my car in less than 2 weeks, so I am nervous about being scammed.

if the gauge on dash did not rise to high and car engine did not over heat , then it will be the coolant light sensor or bcm module that controls it on dash .

so the engine is okay but light coming on , problem is the car computer will shut car down or put it in limp mode when it sees over heat if sensor telling that

Originally I went in for a timing chain replacement. When I drove car out the check engine light went on. They diagnosed that as a hole in my emissions. I just drove it out and now my cooling light came on and the engine started to stall on freeway.

did it do that before chain replacement ?

is this chevy dealer or local shop ?

They sent a tow truck, the light was off when they started it, and no codes set. They checked coolant level-good and now they are driving it. I am so afraid they are scamming me because I am a young female and don't know much about the car.
it is chevy dealer and it never did this before

I understand ,I m sorry

3 possibilities

1- a coolant light sensor , around $100 repair

2- IP panel cluster connector repair for coolant light $100

3-BCM module $400

anything more than that ,take it some where else

If never done that before , it is related to what they did , they had to undo the coolant system to do the timing chain job repair ,

ok, hopefully they will be on up and up. I appreciate the knowledge transfer from you.

Unless that problem existed before , but you say it did not .

possibly also the coolant system was not bled correctly and needs re bleeding , if none of coolant system came back as bad

You are very welcome :)

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800