Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My fiance has a 2006 chevy colorado 2.8 liter. Im needing to…

Customer Question
Hi, My fiance has...

Hi, My fiance has a 2006 chevy colorado 2.8 liter. Im needing to know what parts I need to order to replace the front and back brakes. I have a mechanic that comes to my house for repairs, but I just dont know what I need to order.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

I think there is around 138k on the truck. and Im guessing they are original brakes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic that is going to fix it. I just need to know what parts to order to replace the front and back brakes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have ceramic brake pads for the front, but what do I need to replace the back brakes? I dont see any back brake pads on AUTOZONE website

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/13/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Ron Z., - Chevy Tech - replied 1 month ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

On this vehicle, the rear brakes are a "drum-type" brake "shoe". So you will not find "brake pad" for the rear of this vehicle. Here is the link to the rear brake shoes: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/brembo-brake-shoes-n2010193595bre/10764555-P?searchTerm=rear+brake

As for the front- the ceramic brake pad will work just fine for this vehicle.

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the brake shoes are all I will need to order to replace the back brakes?

That's correct. You can do a search on AutoZone website for "rear brake shoe" and you should have a few options.

..

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

HI! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had? If you have no further questions, Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page.

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -