Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Liftgate lock is stuck locked. Never I can open it manually.

Liftgate lock is stuck...

Liftgate lock is stuck locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

Never I can open it manually

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

After removing the cover 2008 Tahoe Hybrid

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to figure out which fuse is connected

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Know no

3/13/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the latch/lock make any noises at all when trying to operate it electronically to open it or lock or unlock it at the tail gate?

Let me know,thanks Pete

No it doesnt
other locks make noises
I will check the power supply of the latch, as far as I know if I push the lock/unlock button, 12 V will be appear
My problem is, I dont know which fuses are involved in this circle
i dont want to check them all

In your instrument panel/interior dash fuse panel locate the UNLCK 2 fuse 15 amp and the LCK 2 fuse 15 amp and make sure they are both o.k.These fuses control this lock assembly.

If they are o.k. then electrical testing is needed at the lock to see if the lock needs replaced.In allot of cases, it is either the lock assembly itself at fault needing replaced or the wiring to the lock is damaged leading from the body to the tail gate where it passes through needing to be repaired.This will need tested/checked further to determine which is the cause.

If you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical I can try and walk you through some testing on this just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I checked it by a multimeter and it has power, and the signal cable is also ok, because if I set the alarm and after I open the lock manually the alarm will be on. So I think the lock actuator is the problem, I will replace it as soon as I can.

Then it does sound like the actuator assembly needs replaced.This was a common fault, unfortunately.

Thanks Pete

Is worth to disassemble it, and try to fix it? Or it is better to buy a new one.

It is best to buy a new one.I have seen some of those taken apart before and they have a micro switch in it that can fall apart making it difficult to put back together.I recommend to just replace it.

Thanks Pete

Can you give me a part number?

Unfortunately, my info is not showing a part number on this model for this here.You will need to contact a dealer with your vehicles VIN number to get this part number from them ( they will not charge for this ) and then you can search for it online or a local parts store or even through a dealer if needed.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician