Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0703 error code. 140k. 2011 escalade hybrid v8. I plan on…

P0703 error code Mechanic's...

P0703 error code

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

140k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 escalade hybrid v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I plan on replacing the spark plug that is defective for now and when the weather warms up ill replace the rest of the spark plugs and wiring

3/12/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just so that I have a clear understanding, you are looking for information on replacing the spark plugs correct? Also, I have checked this code that you have provided. This code is indicating an issue with the cruise control through the brake switch circuit. Did you have any other code that was pulled? There should be a code indicating a misfire.

SORRY I MISTYPED its p0307. only one error code same one twice. is it okay to change the spark plugs one at at a time? would you suggest anything elce.

It is always recommended to change all plugs at once, but there is no rule the say you can't just change one. Although, when the weather does warm up, you need to replace all. Do not leave that one by itself. Just a moment, please, while is retrieve some information for you. The issue could also be a coil, but the most probable cause is just going to be a plug.

Here, I am attaching the replacement information for the plugs. This issue could be cause by the plug, the coil, or the wire. Also, I have attached a TSB for this vehicle that indicates that a know cause for this is due to carbon build up. If the plug,wire and coil doesn't repair the issue, the carbon build up should be suspected.

The injector could also be the issue, but not likely. The most probable cause is the plug, wire, or coil.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed

I ran to autozone to get a spark plug and forgot my wallet at home. Long story short $10 backup money in the car only bought me a spark plug and anti seize cream. I replaced the spark plug and the car stopped shaking and drove smooth. The tip of the spark plug seemed like it has black oily sludge on it not burned aluminum color. Should I be concerned?

T​hat is likely just soot. If so, that is just from that cylinder misfiring. You should not worry. Now, if it looks like oil from the motor, and you had oil on the boot of the coil, then your will need to change the spark plug seals. I believe that it is just the build up from the misfiring.

I​ am happy that you have gotten this issue taken care of. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.

do you have instructions for removing the left side spark plugs the infomation you forwarded was only the right side? do i have to worry about the hybrid wires if i have to disconnect how do i disconnect.
You should not have to deal with the hybrid wiring. If so the power must be disconnected from the hybrid battery. As soon as i get home, i will check this information. My apologies for the delay

This is the only spark plug removal information provided. Both sides are similar. Although, you will need to disable the hybrid power. Here, I am attaching the information for disabling the high voltage system along with the information for accessing the hybrid batter and information for wheel linear removal to access the plugs.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician