Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Removing the 6 foot bed off my 2008 silverado crew cab to…

Removing the 6 foot...

Removing the 6 foot bed off my 2008 silverado crew cab to access the fuel tank/pump. Any reason why my bolts on the front and middle would spin but not back out? Do they have nuts on the back side? I cant imagine that. They are not stripped i hope from the original welded in threaded nut. Any ideas, I feel like im missing something real stupid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Removing bolts has nothing to do with gas?? Can I chat with a mechanic?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can you read or is this a robot?

3/12/2018
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

There is no loose nut on the back, it is just a welded nut on the box side. The only reason I can see them spinning is due to bad bolts corroded out.
This will be a pain to get past, you need to cut the head off then lift the box off, get rid of the old nuts and install new ones.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks, ***** ***** the dumb questions confirm what makes sense. Have a good one!

Sorry its not better news.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)