Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My equinox will not start. Think it has something to do with…

Customer Question
My equinox will not...

My equinox will not start. Think it has something to do with the anti theft system in the car. Is there a way to reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Equinox?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m stuck at work. It did this earlier but I got it to start. Turned it off and checked it and it started again. This is the first time this has happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/12/2018
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

is the engine cranking but not starting?

No I have power to everything in the car but the engine will not turn over at all when I tried to unlock the car with my key fog the alarm went off and I had to lock it back up with the actual key to get to turn no I have power everything in the car but the engine will not turn over at all when I tried to unlock the car with my key fog the alarm went off and I had to lock it back up with the actual key to get turn off

if the engine doesn't even crank then it's not an anti-theft issue. when trying to start it, does the theft light go out?

ok, its 1 am, I'm outta here. I'll be back on in the morning. Good night. If you still need help tonight then you can opt me out.

hows it going?

Car still would not start today had it towed to a shop. Thank you

ok.