Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 Chevy s10 blazer, no heat on floor recently.i put

Customer Question
2004 Chevy s10 blazer...

2004 Chevy s10 blazer, no heat on floor recently.i put control on floor and goes right to defrost

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

All that is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?

Blazer Ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Found the actuators

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/12/2018
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Ones are connected and there is vacuum.switch the control fro defrost to floor and stays up on defrost
No phone call

i didnt ask. ignore the pop ups

No phone call please

one again, I didnt ask

if it stays on defrost then replace the servo

Which servo,

mode

A.c. and vent work fine,just in the last 2 days decided to stay at defrost
Which servo 2 on drivers side

here

What are you telling me
Where is this servo located?

replace the mode actuator, i just sent you the procedure

Is this the one by. Accelerator pedal
Do I need to pull the dash tobgrt to this?I have radio and heater control out and the plastic under the dash out
I'm confused

no you do not have to pull the dash please read the attachment i sent

Is that servo with s with plastic connector in front of it with a small spring?

standby please

Does it have a plastic arm in front of it and above accelerator pedal?
Good morning ,I work as a mechanic ,just never dealt with this before.
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today...

under the hood on the drivers side there should be a black plastic ball. check and make sure the hose that goes to it is not corroded or damaged

I will check after work and reply back .I'm in des moines, Iowa. I'm off at 5pm. Will check then.
Is this ball hidden under the hood?this is s 2004 blazer. I've taken the vacuum lines off and there's vacuum. I'm still at work.went out but didn't see the black ball. Might be under the air filter box.
I will look at this tonight
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

okay no problem. please remember to rate me on my services will be greatly appreciated. i will answer as soon as i can

I have vacuum to all the servos.my a/accents work good.just no heat on the floor goes to the defroster.whats possible chance I would have a bad control unit.
How would I check the control unit.?
No response to night
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

take climate control out. and with engine running check all hoses attached to climate control for leaks or damage

Removed climate control, engine not running had spots where there was oil. Going to try and locate the door that opens that lets air flow to floor.
Ever since I had this blazer which is in really good shape. On control panel the setting that does the defroster and floor never worked. The floor always worked, till 4 days ago. When I put as I said on floor, it goes to drfrost.is thete like a blend door that controls this?every thing has good vacuum and the servos work great.
Is there an easy way to check the mixture door behind the glove box.
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

im reveiwing now..

Ok
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

bottom left side of the HVAC assembly (under driver dash on right side towards the middle)

What's that tell me, what am I looking for?
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

you are going to find the door actuator for the defrost/floor

Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

just checking up on you. please remember to rate me on my services. thank you

Will be working on this tonight after work. Fridays and weekends are my time off. I work for Good year here in des moined.yes will touch base in the morning for u
I'm the driver side there are 2 servos they do work. Can't tell what all needs Renee to check the door.the ash try and looks like a black brain box I've removed yo the side.
Good morning, is there a way I can send you a picture of what I am trying to do?there is a servo that is not very steady.the servo moves around a little and the push rod does also.
The set I moves on the bracket and the plunger doesn't go get straight.theres traces o oil on the control unit , the vacuum hose part
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

on top of the message board where you type there is a paperclip symbol use that to attach images

Do u bed the vin#? The actuator in after right now is on top of heater box behind air bag on right side. Can't find the actually heater door for floor.
You need vin#
I guess my question is, the blend door on top of the heater box, does it also open the door for the heat to come on the floor? The setting for both floor and defrost never did work.but does the floor setting work wth the blend door. Do you been the vin# ?
Vin# *****
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

floor/defrost is one door

cold/warm blend door is another door

if I'm understanding correctly, the blend door actuator on top of heater box, also works th floor only when u turn it to floor.
I have no way of sending a picture on here. The bolts on top for that actuator are I think 7/32 and very hard to get to.the plunger thst the servo hooks onto, I moved it by had with motor running ,heard door opening and closing but nothing on the floor. That's if I'm in right place.
6pm here I finally got the actuator off top of heater box, took it apart and the plastic gears,all look good.hook up the electrical connection with it out of the car, servo lay on its side, servo worked great, heard and felt nothing from the actuator, possible thst the small motor in the actuator is bad.?
Would there be another that I'm missing actuator.
Can the motor in the actuator be bad
My correction, the actuator on top of heater box took apart hooked it up, found that this one works sith the temp knob.so now I gotta go to the drivers side of the dash. There s a servo to the back and one in front.
I have removed parts under left side of dash.whervdoni find the actuator that operates the floor heat.
I find all servos and they work how do I find the actuator for the floor
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

test the motor outside

yes you can send pictures using the attachment symbol "paperclip"

What motor outside you speaking of .the one one fender well you spoke of?
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

i meant bench test the actuator to see if it works

I have not found the actuator on the left side of dash. Only the servos, they all work. Where is the actuator located.
Chevy Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 3 months ago

it says it is located on bottom left side of the HVAC housing. you have to remove some sound insulation to get to it

Ok , which servo controls that so have better idea whete I am.everthig is exposed so .heater box is still in car, hope don't have to move it.