Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My brake light is on and is on and i checked the if i still…

My brake light is...

My brake light is on and is on and i checked the if i still had brake fluid and i still do. What else should i do??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

It was like half full and i added some more and that didint clear the break light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1999 Chevy Malibu 3.1 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything so far besides adding the brake fluid. Could my brake on my druvers side back not fully releasing?? Drivers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where i can go to get my car fixed and done

3/11/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

my brake light came on my dash and i checked my brake fluid and it was half full so i topped it off and it is still on what else should i do??

This light will illuminate on the cluster because of three possible causes.

• Brake fluid low (if fluid is not low check for a shorted brake fluid level switch or circuit).
  • Check for a sticking park brake switch or grounded circuit.
  • Codes stored in the Electronic Brake Control Module trouble codes.

I would start by checking the brake fluid level switch and circuit first and then double check the parking brake and circuit to be sure this is not causing this light to illuminate. If all checks out good, the brake control module will need to be scanned for codes using a compatible scanner.

I am glad I can help! Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

What mechanic should i go to for cheap?

Anyone provided they can diagnose the electrical circuit as that is what is going to be needed to fix the vehicle. Just ask them if they are god with electrical and if they have access to a scan tool that can read electric brake control module codes if needed.

Do you have any further questions?

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN