Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

After replacing the RCDLR on my 2008 chev Express I still…

Customer Question
After replacing the RCDLR...

After replacing the RCDLR on my 2008 chev Express I still can't do the reset to relearn buttons to work on my instrument panel. I was told my two qualified mechanics that with their scanner they can't connect to this module . This all started with ABS light coming on and causing DIC display to sit at "Service Tire Monitor" which I think is the RCDLR idetecting a problem with TPMS. All wireless transmitter are sending out RF signal to RCDLR (key fobs and tire pressure sensors). All wires and fuses are okay. Is this somehow coming from the ABS system where all wires, fuses and speed sensors are okay. I'm told that I need reprogramming from a GM dealship, but that's not a guarantee.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes, tire pressure are all okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I have said replaced th RCDLR with original one. Checked wiring and fuses and test wheel speed sensors. Had tire shop check tire pressure sensors are all working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Chevy Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

I will stay with the mechanics that I have already used to continue resolving my problem. Thanks for your help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/11/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer.

Can you post your VIN?

Also does your remotes work?

Did they work with the old RCDLR?