Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How you program the key remote control. Is for a 2011chevy…

Customer Question
How you program the...

How you program the key remote control

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Is for a 2011chevy malibu

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/11/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 5 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

To program the key fob/transmitter on this car, it requires the use of a factory-level scan tool, such as a Tech 2 or Snap On unit. You cannot program transmitters without a capable scan tool. You need to give your dealer or local high quality repair shop a call and have them do it for you.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.