Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It unlocks by itself. 2013 chevy volt. Just playing with the…

Customer Question
It unlocks by itself ...

It unlocks by itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2013 chevy volt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just playing with the settings

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
I took it to the dealer yesterday, but they were of no help
3/11/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Are you saying that when you leave the vehicle, and you lock it, you come back to the car and it's unlocked?

Did you get this worked out?

No. It unlocked it self when i was away and my wife never moved the key fob.
I'm not paying you any more $.

The phone call is an automated response, I am researching your concern.

Has this happened on more than one occasion?

it happened more than once

Where is the second key fob, do you have them both together, or is there one missing?

We keep extra fobs in a box in the house. I have not dug it out lately. But it should still be there.

As a technician, I have to approach things logically, and I need to replicate them in order to make a good diagnosis and repair.

Having said that, the key to diagnosing this would be replicating the problem. How often does it do this?