Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 91 chevy 1500 5 speed. Replaced th, master,

We have a 91...

We have a 91 chevy 1500 5 speed. Replaced th slave, master, clutch, pressure plate, throw out, surfaced the flywheel. When we bleed the system it good pressure then it goes to nothing. Start the truck and can't shift in gear. Clutch won't engage. The so called clutch finger pivot ball is like a rod with needle on it. Can the clutch fingers fall off this "rod" and be the prolem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?

The clutch is brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '91 Chevy?

K1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Read the first text

3/11/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
How long between having a good pedal and going to nothing? Seconds? Minutes? Next day?
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As soon as you hit the pedal again. It foes to the floor on the first stroke then you pressure on the next 2 to 3 pumps. The clutch will not engage with the pressure up. Could it be the clutch fork
Phone call session started

Everything you described seems to be in accordance with my memory and with the drawing/parts explosion.

I would be under the truck watching the slave as someone is pushing the pedal, to see if the slave is moving full travel, and if the clutch fork is positioned correctly and pushing on the throwout bearing. There is either a hydraulic problem with the clutch master/slave, or there's something misassembled with the clutch fork, throwout bearing, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The clutch fork i have is not like the picture

I was wondering about that, there are several options for transmissions, I picked the one I thought you must have. Do you know what transmission it has?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im not positive. Its a one piece that pivots on a rod and a pin size rod held on by a cone shaped washer with push nut on top of that.

Can you give me the vin on that? I can look it up, hopefully. 91 is going back a ways, but the info should theoretically be there for me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah give me a couple hrs

Sure, let me know when you get there, I should be near my desk all day today.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician