Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need the 48 pin steering coloum connector pinout for a…

I need the 48...

I need the 48 pin steering coloum connector pinout for a 1999 gmc sonoma without cruise or tilt and i also needs same for a 2000 gmc sonoma with cruise and tilt

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

R u kidding?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can u send the diagrams or not?>

3/10/2018
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

You only need the pinouts? Stand by.

Please and thank you

Attached are both.

Those are both cruise control, the 1999 sonoma doesnt have cruise or tilt

It simply will not have the cruise wires in it then. they leave those spots blank. Tilt makes no difference on the wiring in the column.

K well lemme print these off and see if it will work for me, thanx ill get bavk to you

Sure thing.

Ok how about same diagram for 99-00 escalade
Or the pinout for this part number 26100839 if you can do it that way
U da man
I been lookin for that for 3 dys

You know who to ask for now.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
yup! what happened was i ordered a multifunction switch from Wish (china) and its going in my 99 sonoma but they sent it for a 99-00 escalade or theres a bunch of vehicles it fits in... so i'm goin out to move pins around, thanx again
still cheaper than buyin one from lordco.... it was 15$ from Wish

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)