Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The reason I was seeking help was I am not that experienced…

Second opinion] The reason I...
Second opinion] The reason I was seeking help was I am not that experienced with ordering things on line,What I was trying to order was rocker panels and cab corners Original equipment replacements for A 2000 chevorlet Silverado Ls edition with a passenger side suicide door I want to order both sides rightside and left side and also cab corners for both sides from Rock auto parts .My engine size is 5.3 litre I would appreciate any help that you could give.Also the truck is an extended cab as well. it seems as though when I asked my original question it said an eight minute estimated wait and I finally gave up after 30 minutes or more waiting time.If you can help I would be ever grateful.Thanks Darryl E. Pequeen.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

I can look up original equipment part numbers for you for these things, is that what you are looking for?

I'm trying to get the best price to pay fot the parts that I need I haven't even been able tofind any prices or parts to look at and be assured that I'm ordering the ones that I need.The only place that I have see anything close to what I need or want is on LMC chevorlet truck I was just trying to find a better price.I guess that I'm going to have to go with the one I mentioned above If you know of a parts place that has better prices than LMC I would like to know about it so I can get a better deal but not sacrifice the quality.I think original equipment parts are the most expensive.Not sure if any cheaper parts are available.

OE parts are absolutely more expensive, that's why most body shops will purchase aftermarket. The quality is still good with aftermarket parts, you have to determine how important the OEM label is to you vs. the difference in price.

By way of example, I can get all of these parts at wholesale pricing in my area for about $450 total. If I take those part numbers to GM and try to buy them, it would cost probably 4 times that amount.

Look up these aftermarket part numbers: G2200, G2220, G2201, G220A. I've used these in the past, they are made in China, but the quality is good and unrecognizable from OEM once it's installed and painted. Unless you're a serious restoration enthusiast, it just doesn't make sense to buy these parts from the dealer.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician