Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I think I may have put antifreeze inside my transmission by…

Customer Question
I think I may...

I think I may have put antifreeze inside my transmission by mistake. What can I do to fix it without having to pay a whole lot of money

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No, It just happened yesterday but I parked it n checked it and it looked a little pink

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

98 Chevy Tahoe V8 5.7 two wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only how much I'm looking at to pay roughly and how do I get it to somewhere

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Okay that works for me then thank you so much

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

You need to have a transmission flush performed ASAP. You'll need a repair shop to do this, and it will cost $250 or so. That's the only way to replace all of the fluid.

Coolant causes the clutches to delaminate, do not delay and do not drive this any further than your local repair shop for a transmission flush. Hopefully the coolant has not damaged anything yet, and you can skate out of this situation for just the cost of the flushing procedure.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Did you get this fixed up?