Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 tahoe and the onstar redlight is on also the…

I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 tahoe and the onstar redlight is on also the bluebutton will not work.. is there anything i can do before taking it in to be looked at

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Rearview mirror left side green right side red

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything a just purchased it so i called onstar to start service but they told me since blue button isnt working id have to have it serviced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all please and thanks

3/10/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today.

morning todd
no

The only thing you could try is disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 2-5 mins. This may or may not work. When the red light is on like that this indicates a fault with the onstar system and would have to be taken to the dealer for diagnosis

Ignore pop ups for phone calls that is the site pushing that and not me

oh ok thanks for your help

You're welcome. I would ask that you leave me a 5 Star rating for providing you with your answer and i will be available for follow up questions you may have

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician