Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trans is slipping. 2005 chevy classic. Imtrying to check my…

Trans is slipping Mechanic's...

Trans is slipping

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2005 chevy classic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Imtrying to check my fluid level took it to firestone and they said you have to take it to a dealership because you have to have a ''special tool'

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

Trans and i dont know it does not have a dipstick

3/10/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

hee you go, its a pain but you don't need a special tool.

are you there?

I am now. My trans is slipping sometimes and shifts hard.

have you checked the fluid level and color yet?

Not going to be able too I do not have a lift

you can use jack stands or ramps

I thought the car had I Be level for an accurate reading
Had to be level*

You can use 4 jackstands

Hopefully I have a buddy with 4 I only have 2 but thanks you were a big help

you're welcome. they do not make simple things easy anymore.

if the fluid is at the correct level and it is a nice reddish color and doesn't smell burnt then you need to have the transmission control module scanned for fault codes

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
It that something I can get done at autozone?

no, it isn't. their code readers don't have the capability of reading transmission fault codes. you would need to find a small shop or you can buy your own nice little code reader that reads engine, transmission, srs, and abs codes.

thank you