Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 chev blazer sec. system problem wont start already

Customer Question
2001 chev blazer sec...

2001 chev blazer sec. system problem wont start already tried turning to the on pos. for 15 minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

New battery terminalys look fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried the reset options on- line

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was working great then an error code stated then went away. now it doesn't start

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/9/2018
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 4 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

Is the security light on or flashing on the cluster with the key on?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

does not crank. security light flashing

Thank you for that information. And you said you did the security relearn procedure?

battery is brand new
tried theprosedure many times. disconected the battery as well

If the security system is the issue, in most cases, the engine cranks but does not start

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

the sec. flashes but doesnt start ,was told to take it to the dealer to reset the sec. system. I'd rather sell it then take it to the dealer!!!

Got it! I can certainly help. Have you checked for codes in the computer?

I havent i will and get back to you thank you!!

Your welcome.