Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have impala 2005 3.4L. I found fried wire terminal for…

Hi, Bernie! I have impala...
Hi, Bernie! I have impala 2005 3.4L. I found fried wire terminal for rear window defogger inside Junction Block-right I/P. How I can replace Junction box? Thank you. Boris
I will take a picture and upload it in 2-3 mints
3/9/2018
Larry Schmidt
The junction block is difficult to replace. I recommend that you bypass the junction block for that wire. Cut the wire on both sides of
Of it and solder them together.
thanks, ***** ***** can get to the wire after defogger relay?
As you can see from the pic I have only wire goes to defogger ,after the relay everything is covered by junction block.
Oh yes I see. The junction box is hard to remove. You will probably have to replace the white plastic connector and the wire terminals that are burnt. That will require you to remove all the wires and transfer them to the new connector.
Ok. Larry, Can you give me part # for that white plastic connector or link to any parts supplier who has it. How I can remove existing plastic connector? Simply pull it or it has some tricks?
I tried to unscrew the bolt from this connector and it spins without come out.
You'll have to give me a few minutes to try to find the parts. After unscrewing, you should be able to wiggle the connector. But it may have melted to the junction box!
The bolt will not come out.
OK, Take your time. But how I can remove connector without removing the bolt?
The bolt is a captured bolt, it stays with the connector after it's loose.
Is it means that I can take off the connector with bolt on?
as long as you loosen the bolt.
good. now I am waiting for the links,
https://goo.gl/images/udtvCF
I hope you are able to view this link. It gives the connector part number and where some of the wires go. Sorry I can't get one with all of the wires.
Larry Schmidt
thank you, larry
You're welcome, best of luck to you!