Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was changing brake pads and once I lowered my 2000 chevy…

Customer Question
I was changing brake pads...
I was changing brake pads and once I lowered my 2000 chevy s10 back down off the jack, the factory alarm started going off. I want to disable it because I obviously can't drive it. I didn't even know I had an alarm till now since it never went off before. I have tried putting the key in the driver door and locking and unlocking it but no change, I also tried disconnecting the battery but still nothing
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/9/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

all was working prior before the rear pads replacement correct ?

there is Lock symbol on dash, what does that do when you insert the key ?

How to you do the Reset ,like below procedure ,

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did everything you said and its still going off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all my lights in the truck keep blinking ,the alarm will go off but everytime time I enter the vehicle or put it in park it starts again can't I just cut the wires going to the alarm I can see the where it is and the wires coming from it ?

Unfortunately you want be able to disable that alarm by cutting wires or fuse or relay ,all modules integrated and have to see each other

click on link to view system operation .

NOW with that said we can try one more thing ,read below ,if that procedure below does not work then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the PATS Module needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Make sure you have a battery charger hooked up when doing it , 30 minutes is long and battery die with out it and relearn want work if that was our issue .Using our factory scanner ,the procedure can be done in 10 minutes ,so i do not hook up a charger

we have a GM Tech II scanner to do it on this Chevy s10 , or equivalent scanner ,a lot shops has them

30 MINUTE RE-LEARN PROCEDURE
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSLOCK(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the PASSLOCK(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PASSLOCK(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if desired (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Hey, Just checking to see if you need any additional help on it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been talking to a few different mechanics on here and the one told me to cut the wires to the siren which I did and the siren is off now, cuz my neighbors were getting upset but the lights are still flashing then I was told to unplug the black box under the dash and it should resolve the issue but wondering if I unplug it and my truck doesn’t start, will plugging it back in allow my truck to start or will it mess it up by unplugging it period ?

I mean yes u can cut the horn to stop sound , but the system will still be triggered and unplugging the fuse will not make it start

you need You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Anti theft Module needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate or it is a guess

good luck with it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that scanner different then an obd2/eobd reader
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also it’s not the horn it’s a siren that is under the hood and I already cut it that’s what another mechanic on here told me to do

you have pats security system with out a GM TEch II scanner you can read faults, using a simple basic code reader OBII like what you have ,want be able to see the modules with that scanner u have

get it scanned using a capable scanner like gm tech II or equivalent that can read chevy s10 anti theft modules in it and be accurate to what is wrong or it will be a guess

let me know what the faults are and i can help you further on it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I unplugged the ride side of that black box and my truck starts and no more flashing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am I good or do I need to worry about anything else ?

i mean you can try it , but if it start doing it again have it scanned

i guess if not broke do not fix it , if you live close to home and can get it going if it ever failed again u be okay

but if use it for travel and long distance i would check it will be my advice

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).

You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat