Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 95 k1500. I wanted to know if you can take the

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 95 k1500. I wanted to know if you can take the instrument cluster from a 96-99 classic and swap it into a 95?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Rambler Classic. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It not a rambler classic it’s a 95 K1500 silverado

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
3/8/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Looks like the clusters are wired differently to me, judging from the schematics. Give me a minute, looking at one more resource.

It may plug in, and parts of it may work, but it is pretty far from being the same cluster in terms of internal operation. There are a lot of differences, I'd probably not go this way. Look for a 95 cluster if you need a new one.

www.car-part.com is your friend on this, you'll find what you need there.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician