Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have been talking with pete an on the window an mirrow…

I have been talking with...
I have been talking with pete an jerry on the window an mirrow problems on my 2015 Silverado we have replaced switches an checked wiring in boot between door an cab still not working
3/8/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

I don't recall the conversation, bring me up to speed on what you're doing/have done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mirrows will not aduust passenger window will not work from drivers door switch but will work on passenger side

Is everything factory on this or did you swap some parts or something like that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no its factory the power is good at the switch it will drivers window works passenger window works from the switch on that side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mirrows will not adjust on eather side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
could this be a ground problem also having problems with tow haul an manual shifting the transmisson

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with the door modules? It would have to be a high end (Snap On, etc) tool to do that, is that something you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can get one

If you look at door module data, you'll see the switch inputs to each door, and whether the door module has output to the mirrors, or is trying to. This is where I'd be on this diagnosis, the scan tool is going to have a lot of useful information.

Of course, these switches aren't hardwired to the components, the switches are just inputs to computers, and the computers decide when/whether to run the component.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I can try that

Let me know what you see. I have a 2015 truck myself, so I can plug into mine and we can compare notes, if necessary, to see what the differences are.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my window an mirrows are om separate switches

Yes, they are. I can give you schematics on this, if you want to really get confused about how it works. The mirror switch has a computer in it, when you hit the switch, the tiny computer decides to move the mirror or not. Same for the windows. Let's get some scan data, though, before we jump too far ahead.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is nothing for front windows its trying to say there are back windows but this is only a 2 door cab

Do you have driver's door switch on your data list?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it won"t show front windows

What about memory seat module, do you have that on your component list?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not sure will go back an see shortly

If you have memory seats in this truck, the memory seat module is the master for the window and mirror adjustments.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no the seats are manual not electric its only windows mirrows an locks an that's to much

AH! OK, that simplifies things.

Put scan tool away.

Do you have the mirror switch pulled out so you can see the connector?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we pluged anew one in
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we replaced window & mirow switch didn"t help

Do you have power at the switch? Should be a red/purple wire that supplies power to the switch.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its hot

OK, and you should have ground on the black wire at pin 5. If you connect a test light between pin 5 and the red/purple wire, it should light up, yes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we will check it

ok

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after pulling the wire loom out of the door we found a broken wire thank you
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician