Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

94 Astro van 4.3 not getting fuel to tbi,van set for 2 yrs,

bought cheap, cleaned tank...
94 Astro van 4.3 not getting fuel to tbi,van set for 2 yrs, bought cheap, cleaned tank , new pump,relay, tbs, and rebuilt tbi unit , cranks but won’t run unless I pour fuel into tb can’t hear pump kick on when ign. Is on
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Also ecm has code 54 stored

Make sure the ecm/batt fuse in the fuse block behind the left side of instrument panel is not blown and has power to it all the time.

Also that the fuel pump relay does click once when the key is turn to run, before you turn the key to start.

54 is for the fuel pump circuit

If the fuel pump relay does not click, check if the dark green/white wire t it gets hot for them first 2 seconds.

Check fuse look good, replaced it with new one anyway

That doesn't mean it has voltage

Do you have a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light?

Have volt meter

Check both sides of that fuse for voltage and it should be 12 volts

Can I test for volts and get back with you later, without havin to pay again?

yes

Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic