Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1999 k1500 suburban. Started kicking back when

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 k1500 suburban. Started kicking back when trying to start. Changed the crank sensor. It was hard to start but finally did and ran fine . Started right up next morning. That evening . would not start . Broke another starter trying to get it up and running. Changed the flywheel and starter still kicking back. Oil is overfull and stinks of gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No when it ran it ran beautiful

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am but had a friend look and say it's the spider . Just because the fuel in the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've changed the crank position sensor and the flex plate and the starter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

are there any codes set at all ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Check engine light is on since I got it

what does are set ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't know I don't have a scanner

we need to see if we have a 1345 code set

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the fuel spider leak enough gas into the cylinder head to cause a vapor lock situation

no that will not cause this issue

either the distributer lower gear on it is worn down causing this issue OR you need to try a GM crank sensor and if it still licks back it needs to be shimmed out .1000 at a time as they sell small shims for this crankc sensor and the sensors are too close causing the kick back or the distributer gear is worn down causing the kick back

if you have any questions please ask

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I changed the crank sensor already. The kikback is not as bad now it's more of a high compression type. The oil level is high and the oil smells like gas

try shimming out the crank sensor with a crank sensor shim..if it still does this have the code read and if its a 1345 code replace the distributer

if you have any questions please ask

if you have any questions please ask

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician