Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hold" light keeps flashing. other sites suggest changing…

Customer Question
Quot;hold" light keeps flashing...

Quot;hold" light keeps flashing. other sites suggest changing plugs and coil packs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Hold light is located at bottom left of dash, it is a steady blink. I assumed it was related to auto transmission since there is a 'hold' button near the shifter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 chevy aveo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

If its easy to medium i'll do myself, other sights suggest changing the plugs and coil packs have taken care of there of there problem. Somehow plugs/coil effect transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The transmissions shift points changed when the 'hold' light started flashing and now it won't go back to normal.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
3/6/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

The "HOLD" light is a malfunction indicator. What you need is to have someone with a good scan tool read the transmission trouble codes. Most code readers won't do this, and engine codes won't do much good here, we need transmission codes. If you want to get those codes read and copy them here, I'll run through what you have and give you an idea of what's going on with it.

Don't replace any parts until you get it diagnosed, though, it would be total guesswork. A $100 diagnosis is going to save you money in the long run here.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

You will also have an opportunity to add a tip to the payment if you wish, and that is greatly appreciated. I work very hard to make sure you're getting the very best information I can provide for you.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.