Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 07 cobolt cranks, but does not start. replaced battery…

My 07 cobolt cranks...

My 07 cobolt cranks, but does not start. replaced battery have full tank of gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?

Lt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes checked fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not have the meteers to check relays

3/4/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge at no charge at places like Autozone and Advance. Can you get a fuel pressure gauge and test the fuel pressure?

Thanks Jerry, I will check and get a fuel pressure gauge. I had replaced spark plugs last year, and had the fuel pump replaced by the chevy garage two years ago. the car was running fine on friday when I parked it.

This sounds like a fuel pressure issue, and possibly another fuel pump. At least, this is where I would start my testing.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know. I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry, I am having it towed to a local garage. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Good luck with it, let me know if you need help deciphering whatever they tell you.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated.

Hi Jerry, I did respond to you. I am having my 07 Cobolt taken to my local garage. Thank you for your advice. Mark

Very good, thank you. Please click the stars at the top of the page to rate my answers, that's how I get paid.

Thank you again, good luck with it!

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician