Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 Chevy will not start it's sayijng service

Hi my 2011 Chevy...

Hi my 2011 Chevy will not start it's sayijng service stabilitrack

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Let me check that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Chevy?

Camaro

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?

It jus will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's giving me a service stabilitrack messagw8

Hello
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Hello there. Give me a moment to research this.

Thank you

It won't crank at all, or does it crank but not start? Is there a padlock or security light lit up on the dash?

It will not crank at all, there is a service message that Says service stabiltrack
it shows a key

Stabilitrak is not related to the starting system, but it is a symptom of a larger problem.

The key is the light I was looking for. What you have here is a communications problem within the vehicle. There are several computers that need to talk to each other for the car to start, and that is apparently not happening. If I had to guess, I'd say the Stabilitrak message is on because of this communication issue.

This needs professional diagnostics, this is not going to be a DIY repair. The only thing you may try is disconnecting both battery cables, and touching the cable ends together for several seconds, then reconnect to battery and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, there is a serious electrical issue that will require someone with a powerful scan tool and a good understanding of how this system works to diagnose and repair it.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, I am happy to follow up with you.

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

It started up after disconnecting the battery, but then it wouldn't start again. ��‍♀️

Did you try disconnecting the battery again to see if you can at least get it to the dealership under its own power?

I got someone coming to scan it tommrrow. Thank You

You're welcome.

Please rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page. Let me know if you need anything else.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Will Do. Thank you very much