Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2002 lb7 has the issue of a dead pedal, I have replaced…

My 2002 lb7 has...

My 2002 lb7 has the issue of a dead pedal, I have replaced the apps on the gas pedal and it worked for a day then sat over night and no pedal response again. No codes are coming up, have checked all wire connections to all sensors on trans and motor. Wondering if anyone knows what else I should check or is there something you’ve come across that would actually cause the accelerator pedal to have no response. When I switched the apps I didn’t replace the entire pedal assembly just the sensor, could it be I need the whole assembly. I guess I just thought the rest was mechanical and wouldn’t have to replace it too. But I’m not sure. Pls help. Thnks in advance Bob Carpenter Columbus Ohio

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The apps which is the tps basically

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Chevy?

2500hd 6.6 duramax LB7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I explained I the first text, did u not receive it

2/25/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just Answer! I will be assisting you with your vehicle questions today. Give me a few minutes to review your question and i will be back with your answer or a few questions to further evaluate your issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thnks

I'm reviewing schematics and are you sure there are no codes set. That is pretty odd

Ignore any pop ups for premium services that is the site suggesting that and not me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m positive no codes that’s what is throwing me off too. But did hook scanner up to it and showed the apps not working so I replaced it yesterday but this morning lost pedal again but it worked after I put it on yesterday all day. So it’s like a gremlin to me. Went over and he led all wires to all connectors on trans and motor so far everything looks good. If this is something your not familiar with or ha e come across before it’s gonna be a crap shoot of trying different things. I do know that when the trans would go into limp mode it would cancel my gas pedal and throw a code. This was when I had my banks tuner hooked up. I would clear code and it would work again. But I have since then removed the banks tuner from truck and it was running great but then lost pedal and had to be towed from work.

I'm a tech at a Chevrolet dealer so i am familiar with your truck.....Do you have a voltmeter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand your a tech at Chevy dealer just wondering if you have ever come across this situation before and was able to solve the issue as I have been reading up on the issue and no one seems to know how to.

I haven't.....not without codes set

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thnks I won’t be able to this till tomorrow as I’m at work all day today will get off tomorrow 8am
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wish it would just throw a code
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will I be able to contact you tomorrow

Yes...i will be at my job at that time so i will be off and on but will respond back as soon as i can

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thnks much have a good day and will let u know what I find
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The schematic you sent is that the plug at the pedal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I know which pin is what on the pig tail

Yes it is match the wire color........i'm sure we can get this resolved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never

Never what?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gotcha I just looked and saw the color wires sorry about that last couple texts as my phone was acting up

wh/bl is pin G......Tan is pin D.......DK GR is pin J

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Meant to say nevermind I saw the color of the wires
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok sounds great I will do that tomorrow for sure thnks again

You're welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked all 3 and got 4.97v on all

Sorry for the delay....sick with the flu...but i will investigate further

Here's the next step....you will have to have the connector plugged in to the pedal.....you will either have to back probe the wires from the back of the connector or strip the wire back a little to put the meter lead on them....First Test....Key on......dark blue wire which is app sensor 1 signal....should be 1.0 volt WITHOUT the pedal depressed and increase to above 2 volts WITH pedal to the floor....Second test.....Light blue wire which is app sensor signal 2....4.0 volts WITHOUT pedal depressed and DECREASE to below 3.0v to the floor....Thirdly...dark green which is app sensor signal 3....3.8 v or so WITHOUT pedal depressed and DECREASE below 3.3v at full throttle

The 5 volt signals you checked come from the ecm which is good that you had all 3.....these other tests are what the pedal is sending to the ecm

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will work on that and get back to you thnks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok sounds good

Write down your readings so you can let me know what you got.....refer to the schematic to see app 1, 2 and 3....there's 3 sensors in 1

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, I would ask that you consider rating me 5 STAR!! It is greatly appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Todd
I haven’t had time to check what u asked me to check but my plan is to tomorrow. I have no problem rating u a 5 but would like to figure this problem out. I found that I have a lot of moisture in my truck due to a windshield leak. I fixed the leak but am pulling up carpet and pad to dry it out. I have had throttle response but intermittent. Today when I got home I started truck up and pushed the throttle and got minimal response. And my light on dash now says reduced engine power. So I’m completely baffled.

I will stick with you until resolved.....you need to scan it now for a code

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will do that later

Okay

It looks like your question has timed out....and i was following up to see how you are making out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well family has been sick in the hospital haven’t had time to look at truck gonna try to tomorrow thnks for getting back to me

No problem...hope all is ok

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Todd Audette
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician