Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 04 trailblazer last night built up to much pressure in…

Customer Question
Hi my 04 trailblazer...

Hi my 04 trailblazer last night built up to much pressure in the valve cover and pushed oil out thru gasket, any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

4.2L it happened once before but cleared itself out, this time after letting it run a few minutes it started building pressure again

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will be fixing myself, and I really haven't dug into it to far yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really just looking for any ways to point my eyeballs towards the right direction thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! How do you know it built up too much pressure and its just not a valve cover leak?