Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Won't turn off with key until you put it back in KOEO

Won't turn off with...

Won't turn off with key until you put it back in KOEO position, high idle, reduced engine power, and a buzzing noise coming from the OnStar microphones in the headboard front and back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes steering wheel works fine key is okay and not worn out. It's a 2003 Tahoe*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am very mechanically inclined. I've ran codes We have replaced electronic throttle. If you have an email address I can probably send you a video of what's going on. If not I can just explain it but it might take a minute.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head

1/24/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hello, my name is***** to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today.

Hello Todd I'm Travis. So where would you like to start

Sorry you are having these issues....Did this all seem to start at the same time?

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Phone call session started

I will call you in a few minutes

Ok
Well that didn't work. So what now?

Can you send me your V.I.N

1GNEK13Z53R158079

Is there any codes set?

When I turn the high beams on it kills engine and you hear the electronic throttle surge. When I pull the relays problem goes away, but no lights. When I low beams are on they are weak. With ignition on you can shift from park with no break
Sounds now like a bad ground somewhere. I will look at some of the ground locations when i can. I'm not anywhere that i can do that right now