Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 duramax flatbed...fuel pours out of the front…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 duramax flatbed...fuel pours out of the front tanks filler neck if you take off the cap while truck is running

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I rarely drive it so im not too sure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chevy?

3500 lly duramax 4x4....90 k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are the duel tanks OEM in the frame or do you have an aftermarket one on the flatbed?

Everything is oem

Is this the first time this has happened or the first time you have ever removed the front tank cap while running?

It was idling in my driveway on flat ground I saw diesel dripping at front cap...took it off and it poured continuously out...not sure it its related but fuel gauge has been sticking on E at times even though it's full...fuel gauge has never been above half....if only owned truck a few months

In this case, all you need is a new cap to address the leak concern. The tank fuel pump keeps the front tank full through the filler neck. That is why you have fuel flowing out. A new cap will address this concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Thank you sir..I appreciate it...its my first diesel truck so I'm both paranoid and clueless lol

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician