Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2001 chevy S-10 pickup 2wd 4.3 L V6. It will crank…

I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 chevy S-10 pickup 2wd 4.3 L V6. It will crank but wont start. It keeps blowing fuel pump relays. What can I check.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

251,000 miles and other than a hesitation once in a while, I have had little problems. It would usually start right up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Chevy?

S-10 2WD 4.3 L V6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself. I replaced the cap and rotor plus new spark plugs. Cleaned out the MAP and replaced the cam shaft position sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess I just need to know what I should look for

1/24/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

you mean it burning the fuel pump relay(In the fuse block - underhood) or fuse ?

click on link to view fuel pump circuit

we have 2 grounds to check, pcm, fuel, pcm control ,that what control relays pcm

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am fixing it myself and it's the fuel pump relay (retangular in box under hood).
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am fixing it myself and it's the fuel pump relay (retangular in box under hood). I need to know if I should start tracing wires and where do I start.

this relay has 4 pins ,with a test light ,switch on , what you have on them all 4 ,check for power and ground

and with switch at start position what you have on them

take relay out ?

lets start here

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I've blown several relays already. The fuel pump quite turning on when the key is turned. I am assuming that there is a short somewhere. I've quit working on it for the night. But if you could give me somewhere to start looking and checking.

Ground point G402 for short ,location

(CKT 1750) Chassis harness, near the top center of the second crossmember from rear, with the fuel filler neck ground strap

G102

(CKT 350) Engine harness, RR of the cylinder head

get voltmeter and go across the ECM fuse 20 AMP ,switch off, what is the milliamp reading 0.5 and below or higher ?

You either have short on the ground point or computer is defective and blowing it

unplug fuel pump connector ,does relay still blows

Fuse box , ecm fuse location

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat