Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My oil pressure gauge bounces around a little bit and I just…

My oil pressure gauge...

My oil pressure gauge bounces around a little bit and I just changed the oil in it. Is that normal?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was the last time it was serviced?

46,000 and not sure when last serviced. I bought the truck in September

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2016 Silverado 2500 Ltz hd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Just changed oil and oil filter. On idle it’s a little less than 60 and when I am moving it goes up a little

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that’s it

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2018
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

what what it reading before ?

what weight oil was put in it ?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I put 15W-40 in
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Not sure what reading was before to be honest

at idle if its over 40 and it rises when at speed there is nothing wrong with it

that is normal.there is nothing to worry about at all

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
the oil put in is fine?

yes it is

15w40 is fine for this engine

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician