Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Chevy Avalanche and would like to know if/when…

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Chevy Avalanche and would like to know if/when I would need to change the timing belt?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevrolet Avalanche. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I think that's it Oh, yes the AC will not allow me to go to recirculate. Anything i need to check/do?

1/23/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your model uses a timing chain instead of a timing belt.There is no set time frame to check this.They usually last well over 200,000 miles if not more and only need to be replaced if you start to hear any rattle noises coming from the timing chain area.But there is no service interval to replace it.

If your ac will not let you recirculate this can be a fault with the recirculation actuator on the heater box.You will need to have the heater and ac fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.You may need a new actuator to resolve this.This can run around $75 for the part and around 5.4 hours labor to have replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician