Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I noticed when my key goes in, the key is not able to come…

I noticed when my key...
I noticed when my key goes in, the key is not able to come off, is causing while I’m driving for electrical system to turn off on and off, all electrical system incuding the dashboard, and radio goes on and off. My car is a 2009 Chevy Impala. I can only take key off ignition and that car will run. Can you advise me what’s wrong with car pls?
1/22/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

You need to start with ignition lock cylinder will be most likely here if key is not able to go back to the off position to be pulled out ,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE WITH REMOVE AND REPLACE PROCEDURE

did the key started to get stuck gradually with you ,or stuck suddenly ?

is the key wore out ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

clc

PDF FILE, 09 IMPALA IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER RR

You can buy the cylinder and new key from dealer or local parts store

Can you explain step by step pls ?

2009 Chevrolet Impala

V6-3.5L

Parts and Labor

Parts Information OEM Part Price

Ignition Lock Cylinder

Ignition Lock Cylinder Part #15794826 $85.96

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

Ignition Lock Cylinder, R&R 0.6 labor hrs

NOTE

To Recode Lock Cylinder, Add 0.4

Do you know how much will this cost?

Did you get the file for RR , ease to replace ,it only calls for 0.4 hours , so i say not more than $75 labor plus part

let me know

it shows ignition cylinder and step by step instructions

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
I got your info. I’m going to try it out, if it doesn’t work out, I’ll email you again. I will rate you right now too. Thank you

Sounds great , thank you

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800