Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 impala ss. the torque convert turns on and off at

2007 impala ss. the...

2007 impala ss. the torque convert turns on and off at speeds of 40 to 60. That starts when about half warm up.... 2 gear is perfect then stops as soon as it is warm up good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

It's a lock up converter in 4e65t tranmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala SS yourself? What have you tried so far?

New mass air flow. New tips on accerator .. different tcm and com and map sensor and had tranmission rebuild

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Rough shift when going 40 go to accelerate

1/22/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

So you can drive on level ground without changing throttle pressure and watch the rpms go up and down about 400 as the converter locks up then unlocks, correct?

Even with cruise it's rpm surges

You mentioned this stops once it warms up. So how long must you drive before it works right?

How cold has it been before starting the car and experiencing this?

The converter in and out when warm and 2 gear... work goo before car warms up
No second gear warm up... works good when cold
Torque converter kick in and out when warm... works good cold
Tranmission fresh rebuild with 300 miles... all New solenoids

Thanks for clarifying that. Your converter is not able to hold lockup when at operating temp due to slippage once the fluid and parts get hot. You need to use a scan tool and monitor the converter clutch solenoid. If it stays at 100% applied when this occurs then your fix, in this case, will be to replace the converter. If the solenoid is not staying activated then the computer is turning it off from an incorrect throttle position sensor reading or a transmission line pressure concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Okay

Are you needing more help or are you pleased with my assistance?

I've had it scan ... torque converter locks and unlocks constantly... engage 100%...second brand new t/c

They need to monitor the line pressure and check the valve body out next. Since it is saying commanded on but not staying locked and your on the 2nd converter (assuming they are good)

I was told by chevy that are 4 tps sensors and if one is differs it will set a check engine light

That is correct.

Is that why second gear when car is cool and want engage warm?

2nd gear malfunctioning is more so related to a valve body concern. You may want to begin questioning the skills and ability of the person whom has been into this transmission twice now with concerns still remaining.

Is that why second gear work good cool...won't engage when warm

I just answered that 2 minutes ago.

your saying in transmission with little doubt.

Correct this is a concern within the transmission.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician